Jacksonville High-Speed Crash Attorney
Representation for Victims of High Speed Car Accidents
There’s no doubt about it, speed kills. Driving over the speed limit or too fast for conditions is the cause of more traffic accidents than any other cause except distracted driving.
Top Three Causes of Automobile Accidents
- Distracted driving: Talking on cell phones, texting, eating, reading maps, grooming, adjusting radio, etc.
- Speeding: Driving over the speed limit, driving too fast for conditions, driving too fast for a driver’s ability, not adjusting speed for curves and turns
- Impaired driving: Driving while intoxicated, under the influence of illegal drugs or prescription drugs
Speed Increases the Chance of a Florida Car Accident
Not only does speed cause a lot of accidents, it magnifies the amount of damage and injury resulting from that accident. It’s basic physics, higher speed equals more velocity equals more damage.
But you know the dangers of speed, it’s the other drivers out on Florida’s miles and miles of roadway that you need to worry about. If you have been in an accident with another vehicle that was speeding, you likely have sustained substantial damage to your vehicle and possibly serious injuries to yourself and any passengers that were in your vehicle. Now you’re not only in pain, but you’re wondering who’s going to pay for a new car or to repair your car, how will I get around in the meantime, and will insurance cover all my medical bills?
The fact is that cars are expensive and medical costs are astronomical. If you’ve been in an accident with a negligent driver, you deserve to be compensated for your losses. But don’t expect the insurance companies involved to do you justice, they’re out to save themselves money. To get a settlement worthy of your losses, you’re going to need the representation of an aggressive Jacksonville car accident lawyer.
Since 1979, the Jacksonville law offices of Farah & Farah has been successfully representing Florida drivers who were the victims of negligent drivers. We will see to it that you don’t end up saddled with enormous medical and repair bills after the insurance companies offer you their paltry payout. Call Farah & Farah today at (800) 533-3555 to schedule a free consultation.
What Kind of Compensation Can I Seek?
In short, you can ask for compensation for any losses the negligent driver caused you to incur, including:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills resulting from your injury
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent injury or disability
- Costs of physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Household and vehicle modifications if needed (wheelchair ramps, lifts, etc.)
- Lost wages from missed work
- Loss of career or earning capacity
- Reduction of earning capacity
- Hedonic damages for loss of joy of life
- Property damage
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle
- Diminished value of your vehicle (even if a vehicle is repaired, its value has been diminished -- you deserve compensation in the amount of that lost value)
- The cost of a rental car while your car is being replaced or repaired
If the unthinkable should occur, and you lose a loved one due to a negligent driver, you and your family may be entitled to any of the following damages:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Mental anguish and emotional duress
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as medical benefits and retirement)
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, guidance, marital consortium, etc.
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (such as childcare, accounting, property and vehicle maintenance, chores, etc.)
- Punitive damages
Unlike insurance companies, we will calculate the real cost of your accident. The damage someone suffers in a serious car accident is much greater than just the sum of your medical and repair bills. Your life has been seriously interrupted. Maybe you had a vacation planned, a timeshare rented, airline tickets purchased—what about those costs? What if you had a wedding planned? What if you had to walk down the aisle with crutches? These are the true costs of a traffic accident that we will take into account when negotiate a settlement on your behalf. Did you lose a limb? Suffer some paralysis? Are you now afraid to drive? All these things can add up to a greater cost than what is seen on paper. This is why you need a skilled, tenacious Jacksonville personal injury attorney on your side.
Contact a Jacksonville High Speed Collision Attorney
At Farah & Farah, we’re all about putting your life back together. Call us today at (800) 533-3555 for a free case evaluation. You can reach us at any time.